Lullwater House and ParkLullwater House, which includes 185 acres of woods, fields, and a man-made lake, was built in 1926 for Walter T. Candler. The manor was constructed in an L-shaped Tudor-Gothic style by Crook and Ivey. At that time the entire estate was known as Lullwater Farms. Horses were kept on the estate for racing and cattle grazed on the fields. In 1958, Walter Candler sold the house and land to Emory University. In 1963, Sanford S. Atwood, Emory's sixteenth president, became the first president to take up residence in the Lullwater House. Since 1963, the presidents of Emory University and their families have resided on the estate. In the 1990s, the house underwent major renovations and restoration of the windows and woodwork.Crook and Ivey used fieldstone that was quarried on the grounds to construct the manor. The house has 7,500-square-feet and sits up on a hill above the lake. Lullwater House was one of Ivey and Crook's first designs and their success with with the house led to many other architectural projects for Emory.Today, the park surrounding the house is open to the public and many enjoy jogging, strolling a baby, picnicking, walking their dogs, or visiting the geese and ducks that have made the lake their home. The lake spans over eleven-and-a-half acres and was created when Walter Candler placed a dam on the South Peachtree Creek that runs through the park. The geese and ducks that inhabit the area are not shy around people and are popular with visitors.